Chili Sweet Potato & Kale Chili
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Chili Pepper and Garlic Oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 12-14 oz can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 12- 14 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of kale
- Salt & pepper , to taste
- Heat the Chili Pepper and Garlic oil in a large saucepan and add the sweet potatoes, onion and garlic.Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until the veg has softened slightly.
Stir in cinnamon and cumin and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add the kidney beans and chopped tomatoes, stir to coat the vegetables thoroughly then simmer gently for 30-35 minutes. Add a little water if it becomes too thick.
At the last minute, add the kale. Don't over cook it, just let it wilt slightly so it retains colour and texture.
Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!