- 10 jalapeños
- ½ container of shredded Vegan Cheese or your favorite cheese
- ½ container dairy-free cream cheese or cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of Vegan mayo or your favorite mayo
- 2 teaspoons of Zesty Garlic Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed or 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup soymilk
- ½ cup flour use gluten-free if that's your preference
- ½ cup breadcrumbs use crushed gluten-free crackers if that's your preference
Warm the oven to 350 F.
Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray
Cut the jalapeños in half and remove the seeds. If you haven't had much experience working with these hot peppers, be forewarned you should wear gloves and be very careful about what you touch.
Place the cream cheese and shredded cheese, mayo, seasoning, and sea salt in a bowl and stir together until well combined.
Stuff each halved jalapeño with the cream cheese mixture.
In a medium-to-small size bowl, combine the 2 Tbsp. of ground flax seed, and 3/4 cup of soy milk, and stir or mix two eggs with a dash of milk.
Place the flour on one plate and the breadcrumbs on another plate (I like to add some zesty garlic seasoning to my breadcrumbs to add some extra flavor). Your dipping station should go in this order: Flour plate, Flaxseed/Egg bowl, and Breadcrumbs plate.
Grab a stuffed jalapeño and roll it in the flour, followed by a dip in the Flaxseed/Egg bowl (roll it around so all sides are covered), followed by a final dip in the breadcrumbs.
Place the breaded popper on your prepared pan and repeat the dipping process until you've worked your way through each one. Then "pop" them in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Allow them to cool a little and serve warm!