Zesty Garlic Crab Cakes Vegan
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cans artichoke hearts in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Zesty Garlic Seasoning
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
In a pan, heat some oil and sauté the chopped onion for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another minute. Set aside.
Mash the chickpeas in a large bowl with a fork. Leave them partially intact for more texture. Add the remaining ingredients (including the cooked onion and the garlic) and season with salt and pepper.
Form eight vegan crab cakes.
Heat some oil in a large pan and cook them on each side on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes or until they're brown.
Zesty Garlic Crab Cakes Traditional
- 12 oz crab meat
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Zesty Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs I used Panko
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
Add all the ingredients (except the olive oil) to a bowl and gently mix it all together.
Form the crab mixture into patties, depending on how big you want the patties, I got 10 patties out of my mixture.
In a skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Place the patties in the skillet, a few at a time, I did 5 at a time, and cook until golden brown, about 5 min per side. Gently flip them over and cook for another 5 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining patties.
Serve with your favorite side dish.