Wild Blueberry with Limoncello Jam oatmeal breakfast bars
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (or maple syrup/agave nectar)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil (not melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (or maple syrup/agave nectar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 cup Wild Blueberry with Limoncello Jam
- 1/4 cup of Blueberry's
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds (or any kind of nut) INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9in square pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the banana, brown rice syrup, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the oats, protein powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Mixture will be wet. Transfer the base layer into the square pan. Smooth it out with a spatula and press down evenly. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the topping layer until well combined. Remove the pan from oven.
- Pour topping layer over and spread it out evenly, pressing it down into the base layer with a spatula. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow the bars to cool and set for 15-20 minutes before slicing the squares. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!