Spiced Corn Bread
- 6 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread melted or Butter
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour OR gluten free flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/8 cup non-dairy milk or milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of your favorite Bittersweet Herb Farm Seasoning
These are the seasoning we recommend
Cajun - This will give it a nice bit of heat I like to add this when I am serving my cornbread with chili
Garden Harvest - When making a veggie or chicken pop pie I like to make a cornbread topping and garden harvest seasoning is the perfect addition.
New England BBQ: I love to add New England BBQ seasoning when I am serving the cornbread with pulled pork or anything off the grill!
Savory Herb: I like to add a little savory herb seasoning when I am serving cornbread as a breakfast bread it goes perfect with tofu scramble or eggs over easy
You really cant go wrong with any of them!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a nine inch round or square pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, seasoning and baking powder.
Add the applesauce, butter, and milk.
Stir until combined, then pour into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-29 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cornbread comes out clean.