Southwest Potato Pancakes
- 5 cups grated potato (white or sweet potato)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Southwest Picante Seasoning
- 1 ripe large avocado, mashed (1 large avocado usually tops 4 patties)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Grate potatoes using food processor or box grater.
- Place in bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt and Southwest Picante Seasoning .
- Place potatoes between paper towels and squeeze out excess moisture (or wring out in a clean dish towel) The more moisture you eliminate the crispier your patty will be, so squeeze! You may have to repeat three or four times to remove all the moisture.
- Place grated potatoes in a bowl. Add egg, Mix well.
- Take a 1/2 cup at a time and form into patties.
- Heat a pan on high heat. Add clarified butter or oil. When butter is very hot add potato patties.
- While potatoes cook mash avocado with a fork and add lime juice.
- Cook till golden brown (about 3-4 minutes) gently turn. You may need to add a little more fat to the pan so the second side doesn't stick.
- Cook second side till golden brown. (turn down heat if pan is too hot by now)
- Remove potato patties from pan and top with mashed avocado and your choice of eggs. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly turned pepper.