Raspberry and Rhubarb Skillet Cobbler
- 1/4 cups Red Raspberry Jam
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups Rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour or almond flower
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces or coconut butter
- ½ cup buttermilk or almond milk
- Combine the Jam and Rhubarb with flour in a 9- or 10-inch cast iron skillet. Stir to coat, then let set until the rhubarb has started to soften, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 3 teaspoons of the sugar. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add in the milk and stir just until moistened - do not over mix. Add more milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the topping over the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar over the top.
- Bake until the center is tender and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or cold.