Mexican Tempeh Enchiladas
- 8 oz organic tempeh, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Chili Pepper with Garlic oil
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped well
- 5 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa (I used both red and green)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Add crumbled tempeh and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Add Seasoning and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Add black beans, vegetable broth and lime juice. Reduce heat and simmer until all broth is absorbed.
- Heat tortillas in a damp paper towel in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Divide tempeh mixture evenly onto tortillas, top with shredded cheese and cilantro. Roll up and place into cast iron skillet.
- Top tortillas with red or green salsa and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Before serving, top with sliced avocado, green salsa and fresh cilantro.
What to add Dairy!?: We recommend using cheddar instead of vegan cheese
What to add Meat!?: We recommend replacing the tempeh with chicken breasts