- 2 tablespoons Chili Pepper with Garlic Oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice (or brown rice)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 Bag frozen corn kernels
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups organic low sodium vegetable broth
- chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Mexican Seasoning
Add Oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions and red peppers; cook for 3 minutes.
Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
Add rice and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
Stir in diced tomatoes with green chilies, black beans, and corn.
Add Seasoning, salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Stir in vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
*Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (longer if using brown rice), or until liquid is absorbed.
Remove cover, fluff with fork and stir in cilantro and lime juice.