- 1 medium yellow or white onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Pepper and Garlic Oil
- 3 small or 2 large sweet potatoes diced (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Mexican Seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium, divided
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked (you will not need to rinse)
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can of any beans you would like!
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels frozen, canned or roasted
In a large pot over medium heat, sauté diced onion in about 1 tablespoons oil until translucent and soft. Add diced sweet potato and spices. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Add 3 cups vegetable broth and bring mixture to a low boil on medium high heat, then lower heat to medium-low and simmer. Add quinoa, beans and corn; cover and cook for 30 minutes more and until the sweet potatoes are fork tender and the chili is thick. Once chili is done cooking, stir in additional cup of vegetable broth. Taste and add more seasonings as needed.
As with all chili and soup recipes, this is best when prepared the night before or has time to sit before serving for a few hours so the flavors can really shine.
Serve with fresh cilantro, lime juice, avocado, chips as preferred.
Wanna add dairy?: we recommend topping it with sour cream or cheese!
Wanna add meat? we recommend instead of adding sweet potatoes to add grass fed ground beef!