GARLIC CHICKEN PESTO SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- 1 med/med-large spaghetti squash
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts thin sliced or pounded to 1/2" thickness
- 3 Tbsp Garlic with Rosemary Oil
For the Pesto
- 1 cup raw shelled walnuts
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Garlic with Rosemary Oil
- 3/4 tsp salt you can adjust to your taste
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment.
Cut the squash in half, lengthwise using a large sharp knife. Scoop out (I use a large spoon) the seeds and strings, lightly coat with Garlic with Rosemary Oil then place face-down on a foil lined baking sheet.
Roast in the 425 oven for about 20 minutes or until the squash can be pushed from the outside a bit with your finger. Once you remove the squash, lower the oven to 400 degrees.
- While the Squash is cooking. Add all of the pesto ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and process/blend on high speed until a "paste" forms, stopping to scrape the sides and stir once or twice for even blending. Store the pesto in a covered container/jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Allow the squash to cool enough to handle, and, using a fork going lengthwise down the squash, remove spaghetti strings from both sides of the squash and place in a large bowl.
While the squash rests, cook the chicken. Heat a large skillet over med/med-hi heat and add your cooking oil. Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt, pepper, then add the chicken to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center. Remove from pan to a plate, and allow to cool a bit. Once cool enough to handle, slice or chop into bite size pieces.
In a casserole dish, gently toss the spaghetti with the chicken and pesto to fully coat, (about 1 cup).
Put the casserole dish in the oven for about 10 minutes, or enough time to fully heat through and blend everything. Remove and serve!