Eggplant in Spices of India Tomato Sauce
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 - 3 Tbsp Chili Pepper with Garlic oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Spices of India Seasoning
- 14 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 bigger boiled potatoes
- (1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari)
- (fresh herbs for garnishing)
Cut the eggplant into medium cubes. Heat up a pan and pour some oil in it. Add cubed eggplant. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add chopped garlic, salt and Seasoning. Cook for a minute. Add crushed tomatoes. Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 5 - 7 minutes. Add cubed potatoes and if you want, some soy sauce or tamari. Cook for a minute. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
This is perfect when served over rice with roasted with chicken/roasted chickpeas or over pasta with ground turkey/tofu.