Chipotle Peanut Farro Salad
- 1 8-10 ounce package farro (I use a quick-cooking farro from Trader Joe's)
- 1 Tablespoon Garden Harvest Seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 carrots (any color)
- 1½ cups thinly sliced/shredded cabbage, from about 1 small head (purple or green cabbage, or a combination of both colors will work)
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup green onions (about 4-5 onions)
- ½ cup peanuts
- extra lime wedges and peanuts for serving
- Follow the package directions to cook your farro. Add the Garden Harvest Seasoning to the water (The 8.8 ounce package I usually buy will cook up to be about 2 cups of cooked farro.) Once cooked, drain the farro and let it cool while you prepare the rest of the salad
- Wash and prepare your vegetables. Chop your bell peppers (about ½ inch pieces), peel and grate the carrots, and thinly slice the cabbage. Chop the cilantro and green onions, and coarsely chop the peanuts. Toss all of the vegetables and peanuts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked, cooled farro and about ½ of the Finishing Sauce. Mix well, adding more Sauce to coat, but not soak, the salad.
- Serve with additional lime wedges and peanuts.
Wanna add some meat? Bake a chicken breast at 350 for 25-30 minutes in Chipoltle Peanut Finshing Sauce and serving with the salad!